Extended information – Covid19 sanitation requirements
First we hope you and your family are safe and healthy.
- WEAR A MASK AT ALL TIMES.
- Follow the Missoula City/County Health Dept.’s requirements for your business.
- Be responsible for your crew’s actions and any safety violations.
- Socially distance as much as possible.
- Wash your hands – wash your hands! There’s a gallon jug of sanitizer near the back door. Use it.
- Use the blue (quat) sanitizer in the tub and spray bottle. Make more if it’s greasy or grubby. The concentration should be 200ppm. There are test strips on the top of the water heater. Quat is NOT a degreaser so use plenty of soap and HOT water to clean your dishes. Quat gets neutralized by soap so RINSE your dishes well. Have a bucket of quat at your work station (bring an extra bar towel for this) so you can wipe things down as needed. Quat eats up your skin – use gloves!
- Be aware – the dishwasher sanitizes with HOT (180°F) water but it takes some time to get hot (15 minutes) so if you need it, turn it ON as soon as you come in. Run a couple of cycles empty to make sure it’s up to temp.
- Be considerate of the crew coming in behind you. Spray things with quat as you leave.
Things to sanitize:
- Tables, counters, walls (all work surfaces), roller cart handles & touch surfaces.
- Your personal water bottle or coffee cup, cell phone, purse, bag
- Cutting boards, sheet trays, sinks, faucets, handles & bases
- Pots, pans, utensils, bowls, & your own knives
- Door handles (in/out) – fridge, freezer, walk-in, loading door, cabinets, stoves, ovens, microwaves.
- Can opener, scales, blender, Robot Coupe, immersion blender, mixers, meat slicer Window handles, locker handles, tub lids
Please DO NOT use the facility if you have any of the following symptoms:
- 100°F temperature
- Breathing difficulties
- Loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Odd muscle pain
Go home, contact your healthcare provider, get tested.
Stay in touch and let us know if/how we can help. We always appreciate your business and want our cooks to be successful!